"Those qualities characteristic of and suitable for boys and men according to the rules and expectations of a society."
I’ve always said that Black men had it way worse than females in terms of navigating through life. Socially, a dude can be pressured and molded into something he is not based off what the people around him expect him to say and do. We are all guilty and responsible for it. Women tend to be mean, deceitful, and ruthless toward one another in a nonphysical and indirect way. We are capable of psychologically excluding and torturing one another, either by starting rumors, backstabbing or name-calling. However, men act, say, do, and wear what is acceptable to his immediate family and friends. It’s almost suicide if he doesn’t, right ?….
The first issue is that not enough of the guys in this generation have a relationship with their fathers so they never learned how to be men in the first place. Their moms and peers showed them what they thought a man was supposed to be. Those who did have their sperm donors present here and there grew up with a resentment that the world would have to deal with. I know some guys that don’t even know how to tie a tie and their excuse or response sounds something like this: “Fuck imma wear a tie for, so I can look all corny?” The popular term “For The Faggots” that we all love to use is another prime example. Men are so cautious with everything they do in fear of being called a homo. Us women are an even bigger part of this since almost 70% (im giving yall the benefit of the doubt here) of what men do is to attract us. So if females think something is considered corny or wack, I can place all bets that dudes will refrain from doing it.
Okay, so what about the fellas who do know how to tie a tie but still don’t know how to stand on his own two feet ? This is the main reason I decided to write this post because I’ve been observing a lot of this. Sometimes it makes me laugh in disbelief but all in all, it’s saddening.
The “Alpha Male” theory is the concept that mammals in a group follow one leader. He holds the highest rank, is the most respected, the strongest physically, and is typically the most desirable. The group follows the Alpha to new hunting and breeding grounds and he ultimately decides the fate of the group. Sounds familiar ? I see a lot of guys screaming “Bros Before Hoes” all the while they are the subordinate in their own clique. We can also refer to them as “Yes Men” but I think that’s a little bit too harsh for some of yous liking. The reality of it all is that whether you can come to grips with it or not, a lot of guys are far from being men. Why ? Because what their friends say and think is more important to them than anything in the world. This isn’t a male bashing session. It’s more so a “Fuck what everyone else thinks and do what YOU want to” disclaimer. The people with the most insecurities fall into these traps and allow others to dictate their movements without even realizing it. You have to be aware of the laughs and daps because those are the same people that envy you on the low. Everyone that seems like a friend may not be. It’s clear as day to me but some of us have to start paying attention. Real life isn’t about a couple of follows and retweets. People are becoming more dependent on their social life than anything. Whose man are you ? Get YOUR OWN mind right.
Just My Thoughts..
The Initiation - The Weekend
This post was a request from one of my homeboys as part of a deal for him to change his avatar on twitter. lol. Anyhoot, This list consists of some of the key things that men should know about women in general. Like anything else, the things on this list may not apply to all but the “Real and Wise” will most likely agree…
10. If a female is really into you, she will respect your judgement. Which basically means that she will listen to whatever you say. For example, if you tell her you want her home at midnight, not only will she be home but she will be in bed and waiting for you to call or come home at 11:55pm. I don’t think guys realized that they have this advantage. Those who do realize it sometimes use and abuse and ultimately lose it. You gotta know how to play it because a woman who loves you enough to even listen can learn to love you the least. (WARNING: Do not try this if you ain’t got no juice. You will make a fool of yourself and probably fuk around and get yo messages screen shot). It’s that real out here.
9. WE DON’T WANT NO PUNK
BITCHES. However, this does not mean we want you to be a terminator robot nigga with no emotion. Just simply express how you feel and show it every now and again. The actions can easily make up for what you don’t know how to say or are afraid to. A man is supposed to provide and protect in every way. Period. Part of protecting is making sure you consider your woman’s feelings and make sure she knows that you support her moves. Encouragement is not a sign of weakness. I don’t know where yall got that shit from. If you are feeling a certain way, let us know, maybe we can fix it or at least comfort you. It won’t make you soft. Getting bucket naked when we hump will. Keep it hood and leave your beater and boxers on. Sike. ;)
8. Buy us nice things. Some women prefer expensive gifts but I think most of us would rather something sentimental. If you know there’s something that a female really likes or likes to do, randomly popping up with it will make her ecstatic. An extra excited and happy woman brings about endless possibilities. She will most likely go the extra 2 miles for you since you did something thoughtful. Surprises go a lonnnnnnng way. #CuzBitchesLOVESurprisesYo.
7. We would rather you keep the female friend thing to a minimum. More like -0. Not because we are jealous but because they have coochies and if they don’t have a nigga in their life (hell, or even if they DO have one) they are likely to see what we see in you and then before you know it their box magically becomes available to you. You once were her “brother” but now she’s hittin a split on the Di…nvmd. You get my drift. Just know that a woman with a lonely box is very manipulative.That’s it. You can finish the math.
6. Wine and Patron gets the juices flowing. If a female accepts a glass of wine or shots of patron from you in an intimate setting, she has already made the decision to hump you. (We also know whether or not we would hump you at first sight but thats another post for another day). Out of all the alcoholic beverages to get saucy off of, if a woman chooses wine, she is trying to make love. lol. If she chooses Patron, she wants to get f
ucked. Good. For my dark liquor sippers, Remy (the devil) or Henny is the equivalent. If you only drink Vodka, yous a heaux. Sike. -___-
5. Since we’re on the topic of sex, ass smacks »». It lets us know you got everything under control and it helps with bringing about the big O. Not those ignorant immature smacks either. Do not smack the ass every other pump B. That will get you cursed out. You gotta smack the ass with some couth. Apparently other women like kinkiness too. A friend of mine said and I quote, “…throw me on the bed, beat it up”. She mentioned biting too but then the text messages got outta hand there lol but yeah, keep that in mind.
4. Every woman is Bipolar. Some have a more severe case than others. I can agree that most women don’t know how to control it but yall like it so shut up and deal with it. For example, when I don’t eat, I am a totally different person. Ask anyone who knows me I will be the meanest most dry person ever. The Bipolar switch can be turned on when you are in trouble too. Right before you get cursed out or before we bring up a gripe we have with you, the Bipolar switch is flipped. For me, that’s just they way I choose to process the battle I’m about to pick. Always gotta pick them wisely and sometimes the shit do not be worth it.
3. We know yall can’t read our minds but it would behoove you to at least act like it. If you been around your shorty long enough then you should be able to tell when something is bothering her so speak on it. Some chicks will pout until you do. Yes, we can just open our mouths and say what the issue is but we talk enough as it is. At least according to men we do. Therefore, pay attention to your woman because there is some nigga at her job or in her DM’s that is all over her every move and will try to sweep her off of her feet based off some devo (devastated, emo) tweets. Don’t think you’re too much of “that nigga” that it can’t happen to you… Humble yourself. If she’s worth it of course.
2. Do not touch a woman the week of her period. We are the horniest during this time. There is NOTHING worst than a nigga kissing you on your neck and telling you everything is great and you can’t get nothing out of it. It’s not fair. That’s cheating. That is the devil’s work. It’s evil. Stay away. And it seems like a guy always wanna “rub your back” or something that involves getting your spidey senses tingling. FOH stingy cuz even if a woman gives a man head while on, it still makes her cookies moist. At least that’s what I heard. From a friend. I wouldn’t know tho so, ummm yeah. Just chill B.
1. If you love a woman, like really, then tell her. If you lust after her then tell her that too. Bottom line is just keep it funky. DO NOT WASTE HER TIME selling her a dream you think will get you what you want. Cuz these days chicks be down for the get down before a dude even mentions it. Game will recognize game. If you want a friend with benefits type of situation then state that and don’t fake like you’re more interested than you really are. That’s how you get clapped out here in these streets.
This was one of the hardest posts I’ve ever had to write. Mainly because I have no clue what men should know about these women out here now. Especially the ones I hear and see men complaining about. All I can say is get it together. Niggas is getting old son. Take what you need where you see fit and apply it. Or not.
Chris Brown Concert- “Deuces ”
“coke on her Black skin made a stripe like a zebra… I call that Jungle Fever..” -Ye
One of my favorites.
Dana Chandler “Ready” 1968.
The Big Red Door.
Dear Sweet Brother Hamton, .. we tryna make it in America…
A Young Black Girl.
Freakin Me- Jamie Foxx ft. Marsha Ambrosius